Our story began more than 100 years ago, with two families who sought a quality education for their daughters in Warwick, namely Mr B T DeConlay and Mr R J Shilliday.
It was a period shaped by sheer determination and a goal made real thanks to community spirit and philanthropic partnership, with noted business man W R Black of Brisbane, subsidising the establishment of a new College to the extent of £1000 for every £2000 raised by the local community. It was 1917.
In 1918, The Presbyterian Girl’s College (PGC) was officially established, offering young girls a fine education within the beautiful surrounds of a historic property in Locke Street, fondly known as ‘Glenbrae’ Homestead.
One year later, in 1919, across town on the banks of the Condamine River at ‘Arranmore’, The Scots College was founded providing the same quality education and boarding facilities for the region’s young men.
In 1970, some fifty years after their establishment, these two great colleges united to become The SCOTS PGC College – a co-educational day and boarding school for families across the Southern Downs.
SCOTS PGC College celebrated its centenary in 2018 and 2019, with a special documentary series created to reflect on our story of where we’ve come from and who we are today.
SCOTS PGC College has a long and proud tradition of recognising and valuing the contribution of the ANZACs in our nation’s heritage.
Each year we hold a special ANZAC Day dawn service to honour past students who lost their lives during World War II and to commemorate all who have served our country.