At SCOTS PGC, we place great importance on the health and wellbeing of our students. All of our College community – both day and boarding students, and staff – are provided meals at school during the day. Our menus are prepared by a dietician to ensure the right nutritional approach is applied to every meal.
We also believe that the communal aspect of dining is a healthy way for students to achieve social interaction and time out from class and activities.
Boarders at SCOTS PGC receive six healthy and nutritious meals a day. All meals are served in our dining hall for our boy boarders and for morning tea and lunch for our girl boarders. Our girl boarders have a separate dining hall at the Locke Street campus for breakfast and dinner. Fresh fruit and water is readily available all day for the student’s enjoyment.
A typical boarder’s daily menu may look something like this:
- Breakfast – Oven baked chipolatas and grilled mushrooms, fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals, assorted breads and spreads
- Morning Tea – Savoury scones and fresh fruit
- Lunch – Honey chilli stir-fry chicken with steamed rice, assorted salads, fruit platter, assorted breads and condiments
- Afternoon Tea – Vegetable English Muffins and fresh fruit
- Dinner – Oven baked fish fillets and Teriyaki tofu and vegetable kebabs served with mixed salads, steamed fresh seasonal vegetables and whole fruit
- Dessert – Chocolate self-saucing pudding and custard
- Supper – Breads and spreads