Our school tagline, Where country values inspire excellence, is more than just an advertising slogan. It sums up the unique feeling all who come into contact with SCOTS PGC College have. Students, parents, teachers and staff who work at SCOTS PGC share our genuine sense of country values and community spirit.
It is this set of values that defines us. Our teachers are inspired to deliver teaching excellence and our students are inspired to reach learning excellence. Everyone believes in their individual potential and tries to be the best that they can be. It is the essence of our College.
When students and their families, staff, and even visitors come to SCOTS PGC, they immediately feel a sense of warmth and are welcomed in a friendly way. Our values are important to us and we endeavour to encourage all students to have ownership over them:
- Excellence – to want to be the best you can in all that you do, so you may realise your individual potential
- Curiosity – to have an inquiring mind that is motivated to learn
- Courage – to be optimistic and committed in order to gain resilience
- Caring – to share in the Uniting Church ethos of compassion and service to others and the environment
- Integrity – to be honest and play fair in all of our pursuits, be they academic, sporting or community
- Diversity – respect for, and tolerance of, others
- Innovation – an ability to think laterally in a team or autonomously to find a solution to a problem whether academic or practical
- Resilience – the ability to bounce back after disappointment or a lack of success with the determination to try again.